RE: Account lock time

  • From: "Johnson, William L (TEIS)" <WLJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JSweetser@xxxxxxxx" <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>, "cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:02:25 -0400

You could do something simple like this for auditing failed logins...
AUDIT CONNECT WHENEVER NOT SUCCESSFUL;

Then you could come back and have a look at the failures by doing a select
against dba_audit_trail where returncode=1017.  This has been very valuable
when asked why accounts are being locked out.

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:04:40 +0100
From: jo.holvoet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dba_users.lock_date will tell you; this maps back to column ltime in sys.user$.

mvg,
Jo