RE: Account lock time

  • From: "Sweetser, Joe" <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:08:28 -0600

May not apply to your situation but if you recently upgraded from 9i,
the default profile has changed from allowing unlimited login failures
to locking the account after 20 failures.  I have hit this issue in the
past when, for instance, an old script had an old password it in and
cron had been happily scheduling it day after day; hour after hour.  It
actually turned out to be a great way to find stuff like that in an
inherited environment.  But we scratched our heads for awhile trying to
figure out "who" was locking the account once/day. J

-joe

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:04:40 +0100
From: jo.holvoet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dba_users.lock_date will tell you; this maps back to column ltime in
sys.user$.

mvg,

Jo