Re: ASSM in 10g RAC doesnt seem work that well

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 03:46:42 -0800 (PST)

Thanks a lot Anjo,

> ASSM will not do that many recursive SQL (data
> dictionary operations).
I understand that, but here I am not seeing them with
the trace 10046.
So I said it is internal to Oracle algorithm how it is
done.

> difference is made there.You could probably get
> better results with non-ASSM
> by using freelists and using large extents. Your
> difference is purely in the
> recursive SQL part.
For me it is the same speed, whatever extent size.
I am not expecting that to be the problem either
because I did truncate reuse storage too before the
test.

Did Oracle change something from 10g?

I should go and do the test on 9i because now I am
curious.

I am maybe stupid and do not get it.

Regards,
Zoran