Re: ASSM Performance Problems

  • From: Barbara Baker <barb.baker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jrsmiley@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:48:40 -0600

OHTMFA (oracle has too many friggin' acronyms)

What I've found (esp on metalink) is that someone is complaining about
ASSM when they really mean AUM or ASM or
autoallocate versus uniform size (not segment space management auto
versus segment space management manual)

The only issue I've actually seen documented regards ASSM is a storage
issue in some versions with lob's.

'course, maybe I've missed something.

Barb

On 6/23/05, John Smiley <jrsmiley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I keep hearing claims that ASSM suffers performance problems under heavy DML
> loads, but I can't find a single solid study that proves this.  There are a
> few isolated bugs documented in MetaLink that discuss problems under
> specific circumstances, but nothing that speaks to a general performance
> problem.
 Can anyone point me to some solid research