ASM (was RE: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...))

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:56:47 -0700

 Metalink Note:277274.1. Period.

________________________________

        From: John Smiley [mailto:jrsmiley@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:39 PM
        To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

        While we're on the topic of ASM, how many are using it in
production today?  After hearing the horror stories about how bugs in
ASM caused it to basically lose its mind and forget where everything was
left me wondering if I'll ever trust this product with my data.  Some
poor souls followed Oracle's advice and stored their backups in ASM
along with their database and lost everything.

        John Smiley
        Technical Management Consultant
        TUSC, Inc.