Re: ASM on SUn solaris ?

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 00:10:29 -0200

I've had databases on solaris with asm (and RAC) working for over two
years now... heavy transaction load and a few large reports (that take
a few hours to complete). No problems whatsoever and performance
increased significantly since RAC allows for instance affinity... but
that's not an ASM feature.

Also, adding the new storage box was easy as cake... :-)

Regards.
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional