Re: ASM disks with UNKNOWN header status, can't create disk group

  • From: krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: don@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:10:02 -0800 (PST)

Don,

The only time I have had problems with ASM leaving disks in an inderminate
state, is when the the permissions are different in different nodes. In my
case the perms where correct in the node I was running dbca but was not in
other nodes.

In my case it was RAC/ASM (Solaris 10.2.0.3) but I wonder if the behaviour
is manifesting differently when it is a single instance and if neither
disk is available to create the disk group. This is a long shot or could
just be a generous unpaidfor feature!

-Krish