Re: ALTER MLOG$ TABLE ADD COLUMN

  • From: "Leng Kaing" <Leng.Kaing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:38:04 +1100

Deepender,
Wow, that is a very brave move. I didn't think Oracle would let you do
it in the first place!

Are your snapshots still working? Is the new column in MLOG$ being
populated? How are you going to handle the snapshot at the slave end? Do
another alter table add column?

Going by the Oracle manuals the correct way would be to drop the
snapshot and snapshot log, add the columns to the master the slave and
recreate the snapshot logs and snapshot.

HTH,

Leng.

*       From: "GUPTA, DEEPENDER" <DGUPTA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
*       To: "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*       Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:49:14 -0600

Few days back one of my team member added few columns in the master
table and
also added these columns directly to MLOG$ table (Not through the
SNAPSHOT LOG
on the master table). Now in the TOAD I can not see the additional
columns in
the SNAPSHOT LOG script.
Does it make any difference or have any adverse effect on replication?

Thanks

Leng Kaing

Hansen Technologies

2 Frederick St; Doncaster VIC 3108