Re: AIX Warning Message in DB Writer Trace File

  • From: "fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx" <cnewtonne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:16:04 -0500

- I had same issue and we resolved it by increasing these parameters.
- I know of a formula to set your initial value (10 * number of logical disks / number of CPUs) where logical disks are number of disks accessed concurrently. However, the final value really depends on your observation of your current vs. max. I normally set the parameter at 20% above the highest I have seen and have a monitor in place to alert me if gets at 95% used.