Re: 9i RMAN restore to a different server with a backup from dataguard env

  • From: Prasad <p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vitalis Jerome" <vitalisman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:19:16 -0700

Hi Jerome.

Can I take a backup of a controlfile from standby db. ??? it errors out
though.not sure if there is any other syntax available.

RMAN> backup current controlfile;

Starting backup at 04-OCT-07
allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=20 devtype=DISK
channel ORA_DISK_1: starting full datafile backupset
channel ORA_DISK_1: specifying datafile(s) in backupset
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ORA_DISK_1 channel at 10/04/2007
10:16:24
ORA-00236: snapshot operation disallowed: mounted controlfile is a backup