Re: 9i RMAN restore to a different server with a backup from dataguard env

  • From: "Vitalis Jerome" <vitalisman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Prasad <p4cldba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:21:42 +0200

If you cannot fiddle this restored controlfile (I don't have a standby
configuration for testing right now so I cannot give you any advice on
that matter), you best bet is to create a recovery catalog, register
the primary database in it, connect to it with the standby database
and then resynch'ing the catalog so that it knows about your datafile
backups.
You should then be able to perform the restore operation with RMAN by
using the control file backup from the primary database in CATALOG
mode (connected to the catalog you have just created.)