Re: 12170/ORA-12535/12537

  • From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:36:16 +0200

Kellyn Pedersen schrieb:
> the server, nothing local that could be tripping them up.  I myself was
> disconnected from every SSH session I had open just yesterday morning
> and no one seems to understand *HOW* it happened or what went wrong, but
> that they were putty sessions and that this has happened to these two
> users for their diconnects from time to time, (they do not use Putty
> sessions often...) makes me wonder some more...

from what i've read, i'm sure it's a network problem.

trace the connections with a network sniffer on the db server, assuming you run
it with proper
filter arguments :)
so if the guys complain again about a network drop, just look at the network
trace to see what the
db server received and sent, this should reveal the reason for the connection
drops.

i've solved some mysteries this way, especially firewall vendors are incredibly
creative in
interpreting TCP/IP RFCs :)

regards,
-ap