RE: 11g Launch

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:54:51 -0500 (CDT)

The specific area of on-the-fly compression that I was happy to see is in
Data Pump.  I wish they'd backport that to 10g!

Rich

    * From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    * To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    * Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:50:06 -0700

Anyone else catch the presentation this morning?  I caught some of it,
but was on a conference call and getting the kids ready at the same time
so I was in and out and only got brief notes.  Besides, it was an
executive-level presentation anyway so there wasn't a lot of detail
given.  Here are some very brief notes I was able to capture on the new
features: