RE: 11.2 dbua is slow

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx>, "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:58:03 -0400

Are you talking about the xwindows-like graphics?

IF SO, there have been plenty of threads here and elsewhere about setting that
up in a way that is less painful.

I’m sorry I can’t remember the consensus (or if there was one) on the very best
way, but 2 or 3 ways exist to may it fairly usable.

(There IS something truly EVIL about a dba-tool that consumes resources on
painting pretty pictures and marketing and has no option to skip the graphics.
The “Universal” [meaning it is the only one we have, not that it runs easily
anywhere] Installer and ilk replaced tools you could use from anywhere with a
300baud connection.)

I’d search the archives on that or describe the problem a bit more if I didn’t
guess the right topic about what was slow.

mwf