RE: 11.1 database will not open after upgrading clusterware and ASM to 11.2

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:47:16 -0400

I am not sure what your original problem was, but a few things that
happen to us all the time in a mixed 11.2 / 11.1 setup

.5) yes- update to 11.1.0.7 on rdbms home
1) OCR disk needs to be extended to each ASM disk group, or ASM fails to
mount disk groups
2) Oracleasm config files get messed up- check that proper symbolic
links in /etc/sysconfig/oracleasm are in place, and scan disks are
correct (and not blank).
        - this was for Red Hat Linux- not sure if it applies to your OS
3) you might need to reregister the listener- and listener should be
running out of 11.2 only. (everything is 11.2 except rdbms which is
11.1.0.7).
4) update opatch in 11.1 home to the latest 11.2 supported opatch.