10gR2 RAC and FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET

  • From: Chris Dunscombe <chris.dunscombe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 15:46:33 +0100

Hi,

We've got a SAP system running on RAC and SAP are recommending letting it
default to 0. I'm not comfortable with this as recovery from an instance or
total database crash could take a while (many minutes).

I've done some research via google and metalink and see that there's an
underscore parameter _FAST_START_INSTANCE_RECOVERY_TARGET which is mentioned in
some places as being the way to go on RAC.

I've not been able to come to any firm conclusions myself so any advice,
experiences much appreciated.

Environment is:

10.2.0.2 64 bit
Windows 2003 64 bit