RE: Automatic Memeory Management - Max value for Dynamic Component

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 10:51:08 -0400

Shiva,

            There is no way to restrict the max value that a component
can grow to, other than SGA_MAX_SIZE and SGA_TARGET, but you can
restrict the minimum size a component can drop to which is where I
believe your headed.  Simply set a value for a component in the
spfile/init file.  Say "alter system set buffer_cache=512M scope=both;"
thjat way yout buffer cache will never go below 512MB.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: 508.229.2019 /  Email: richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience