Re: 10gR2 Memory Requirements

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:56:18 +0100

>>> - Ensure that the SHARED_POOL_SIZE and the LARGE_POOL_SIZE are at least
>>> 150Mb.
>>> - Make sure the JAVA_POOL_SIZE initialization parameter is set to at least
>>> 150 MB.

You will find the same requirements on the 9i upgrade guide too. I think you
have to set these parameters *only* during the upgrade process(and, of course,
large and java pools have to be set only if the corresponding options are used).

Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov

P.S. Yesterday I forgot to set the java pool size to 150M(the current value was
30M) while upgrading from 9i r1 to 9i r2 with the java option. The upgrade was
successful.