10g OEM/Grid Control usage

  • From: Casey Dyke <caseydyke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:36:11 +1000

Folks,

Anyone care to sing the praises of the latest EM release?  Certainly
looks nice enough, but I have had to do an awful amount of faffing about
to get alerts into my In Box.  And although I could easily discover a
new db, discovering a listener was a head scratcher.  It should work out
of the box and I have a rapidly increasing knowledge into how it all
fits together, but I'll be damned if I can get a tablespace capacity
alert, generic alert log alert ... etc ... to fire.   Have seen other ,
limited expressions of frustration on Metalink, but am curious if others
have encountered similar problems.

Sun Solaris 64 bit (32 bit EM), 10.1.0.2 recently patched w/Agent to
10.1.0.3.

Cheers,

Casey