RE: 10046 Trace Pronunciation

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:06:14 -0400

If you're asking how to pronounce the number, IMHO standard British and
American English both require "Ten thousand forty-six." Since we can't even
agree on simple issues like hood/bonnet, boot/trunk, and lift/elevator, when
we're in agreement it is probably worth abiding by, unless you're French, in
which case you get to snub us both with one shot by ignoring the convention.

If you were asking about 10053, I'd just call it a Wolfgang.

But between Mogens, Virag, Anjo, and too many others, it is pretty hard to
pick one.

"To check what resources are being consumed and waits endured that might be
worthy of spending time reducing for an individual query, I like to do an
event ten thousand forty-six trace."

is probably too long to actually say, but it is what I think you mean.

I actually like to take a quick analytical look first. For example the
fellow who noticed that a likely to be unique predicate getting indexed was
probably the key to making a particular join dramatically better. Of course
there's little reason not to overlap the ten thousand forty-six trace with a
bit of time spent in analysis.

That will help you either avoid or gain certification, depending whether
you're speaking British or American English.

mwf