[optimal] Re: optimal Digest V2 #111

  • From: Ray Gardner <raygardner99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:03:47 -0500

I just error on the side of caution. I've worked in the Naval Hosp for four
years, two different labs, was an office manager of a medical clinic twice and
six and soon seven different retina doctors. I've seen too many bad things
happen in and out of retina. It's been a life saving tool to may times leaving
the line in on new patients and those with past allergic reaction. Severe
allergic reaction will most likely show up within the first two minutes but not
always. Sometimes it will appear minutes later. Oral benadryl takes up to 30
minutes to activate. Under the supervision of my MD's we are given the standing
order to give IV benadryl starting with 25mg or half of the 1st bottle. If more
is required we have waited at least 5-10 minutes before giving another 25mg IV.
IV benadryl activates in seconds instead of 30 minutes. This can only be done
in states that allow photographers can do their own injections and if your MD's
feel comfortable with it. It's saved a few lives in my time.

Sent from my iPhone