[optimal] Re: ICG and Metformin

  • From: "Eric Kegley" <ekegley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 17:13:46 -0500

We have never had patients stop Metformin prior to ICG.

EK

Eric Kegley, CRA, COA
Senior Study Photographer
Retina Consultants of Houston
6560 Fannin St, # 750
Houston, TX 77030
O&nbsp;713 524-3434
F&nbsp;713 524-3220

Sent from my Palm Pre
On May 5, 2011 4:29 PM, Snodgrass, Elizabeth &lt;ESnodgrass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
wrote:

I just finished an ICG angiogram for a pt who takes Metformin and,
appropriately, took his last dose Sunday evening so we could proceed with the
ICG.

&nbsp;

A “new” RN to Ophthalmology wanted to see literature
on this subject, so she researched the Stanford RX library, the literature that
accompanies the dye and found no contraindication with ICG and Metformin.&nbsp;
We phoned our hospital pharmacy who reported that it is no longer necessary to
stop Metformin with IVICG.

&nbsp;

Comments?&nbsp;&nbsp;

&nbsp;