[optimal] Re: Do you want to help people tranistion into ophthalmic imaging?

  • From: "Cavicchi, Robert" <Robert.Cavicchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:10:32 -0400

Sarah,

I would be willing to help with:

1.     Mentoring

2.     Shadow Days

bob

From: optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michael P Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:02 AM
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] Re: Do you want to help people tranistion into ophthalmic
imaging?

I can help.  Definitely A, and possibly B and C.

Michael P. Kelly
Duke Eye Center Labs
Duke University Hospital
2351 Erwin Road, Box 3802, Suite 209
Durham, NC  USA  27710
919-684-3139

Sarah Moyer <smoyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

06/22/2011 10:46 AM
Please respond to
optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[optimal] Do you want to help people tranistion into ophthalmic imaging?

I have noticed an increase in the number of people contacting me about an
interest in our field of ophthalmic imaging.  They have been professional
photographers, museum archivists with an interest in photography and from other
random fields.  All of them seem to know someone who knows that this field
exists and suggested they find out more.  I always introduce them to the OPS,
JMC, RIT, etc.  They all say the same thing "there's not much out there about
this."

With the launch of the new OPS website, we will also be starting a blog.  I
plan to write a blog entry that we can point these transition people towards.
I would like to include contact information of people across the country for
this blog entry so that these people can contact someone receptive to helping
them.  If you are interested in helping people transition to this field, please
let me know.

I think it makes most sense to list how you are willing to help:

Mentor:
Discuss the field of ophthalmic imaging with those interested in transitioning
into the field.

Shadow Day:
Offer to have those interested in transitioning into the field visit your
office for 2-4 hours to see what it's like.

Internship:
Offer to teach those interested in transitioning into the field how to perform
OCT, fundus photography and fluorescein angiograms.  Lengths of internships may
vary, but a minimum of 4 weeks is recommended.
If you need help organizing an internship, myself or others can help you.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Sarah