Re: THE THREE POSITION SWITCH!!!

  • From: "don bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:03:25 -0800

Hi Anthony,

You've probably figured out that the settings on either end of the switch are
for standard camera use and reverse video just as with the older Optacons.
The position in the middle is supposedly for darker print as I recall.  It also
can sometimes work for reading some lcd displays, but you need to experiment
with that.  I've only found it useful on occasions, but I have been able to
read some pc screens with that center position.

Also, if you have a CRT lens, the reverse video switch will work with that in
conjunction with a pushbutton on the back of the unit which can sync the
refresh rate of the crt and the Optacon.

This can make use of the crt lens easier except that you must reset to the
desired refresh rate with that button each time you turn the optacon on.

I believe someone, maybe Mary Emerson, who has the optacon 2 manual as a .txt
file.  I may be mistaken on who has this, but I'm sure it's around.

Don

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:10:29 -0500, Anthony Vece wrote:

Hi Everyone;

I recently acquired an OPTACON II and I noticed a three position switch.

What is the extra position for and, where is it located on the switch.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Anthony

http://www.eset.com