[optacon-l] Re: Reading cans

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:04:02 -0600

Hi Robert!

I have the can resting on the table making sure it's still.  I move the
camera up and down rather than trying to move sideways while I am looking
for the part of the label that shows the kind of food.  That way, I can
tell immediately if I have to read the text normal or inverted.  I just
hold the camera between my thumb and forefinger of my right hand and have
the other three fingers resting on the can to hold it still so that when I
am at the point where I can read what is in the can, the can stays still
for me.  It's a tricky thing to do--reading a cylindrical object such as a
can or jar label, but I've been doing it for thirty years, (can hardly
believe that), so I've had lots of practice.

Debby

At 01:22 AM 11/27/2011, Robert Feinstein wrote

                                 --
                 mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.