[opendtv] Re: multicasting

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:14:01 -0700

How would that save even a penny of the "country's money?"

Making Public TV the tenant of commercial broadcasters would not only
relegate them to third-class status, it would require extensive compensation
to the broadcasters, as it's a "regulatory taking" AND would cost PBS it's
own flexibility.  Not to mention the direct and indirect cost of "blowing
off" public TV.  People would have to hire real babysitters during the day.
:-)

But then, I'm a fan of all broadcasting.