[opendtv] Re: Zenith STBs

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:23:37 -0400

Cliff,

I don't have a Zenith STB, but I have seen weird behavior very similar
to what you describe. I always attribute it to a problem in PSIP from
the station.

The other day, my Ch 30-5 reprogrammed itself to, believe it or not,
1-5, along with 30-1, 30-2, 30-3, and 30-4. All moved over to Ch 1. But
30-6 on up to 30-10 were just fine (they are on a different real
channel). Stayed that way all night. The next day, thankfully, all was
back to normal.

More than once, I have been unable to find a station I know exists.
Usually I can force the real RF channel and the TV finds it. But at
times like the above with Ch 30, that trick doesn't work. The channel
truly disappears. It takes cunning to figure out where the h@%$ it went.

Problem is, I've discovered, receivers behave differently to these
(presumed) PSIP glitches. Did you contact the station to see if they
know they're having a problem?