[opendtv] Zenith STBs

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:14:32 -0400

Is anyone experiencing strange behavior like this with a Zenith 901 STB?

Mine is used to receive only one program [6.1] to feed a Tivo.

In the last week the STB will, of its own accord, change channels
on it's own if there is a change in signal characteristics.

When this happens, the screen goes black and the 'no signal' screen saver appears for a minute or so.

When the box re-acquires a signal it has retuned itself to 6.2.

The signal contains three programs, 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.

When this anomaly started, I thought the remote control might be the cause, so I removed the batteries and put it in a drawer.

Yesterday I reprogrammed the box *twice* by removing the antenna feed to it and allowed it to perform an automatic search for channels, finding none.

Then I manually programmed one channel into it, 6.1.

Today it continued it's trick of retuning to 6.2 after there was a change in signal characteristics, and the black screen saver.

I can be specific about what it's doing since its output gets 'saved' by the TiVo.

Any thing else I can try?

I'd like to make sure the box receives only 6.1.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Cliff