[opendtv] Re: With a Big Push From Apple, HTML5 Video Wins the Web (But Not Completely)

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:12:02 -0400

At 8:52 AM -0700 10/27/10, Kon Wilms wrote:

In terms of flexibility, Adobe has Apple beat hands down.

Uhhh what is Apple doing in this space?

Clearly Adobe is reacting to the marketplace and much of the war is over.

For video its not that big a deal anymore. But there is still a ton of Flash out there for pop up ads etc. I'm not missing that stuff.

I'll be more interested in HTML5 when the tools are available to create dynamic content like that supported by Adobe today. Of course, when that happens Adobe will have an HTML5 output module.

Much ado about little.

Still, it might make sense for Apple to buy Adobe, especially if Balmer decides to make an offer.

Cheers
Kon

Typed on my Macbook (what?!)

That runs Linux no doubt!