[opendtv] Re: With CFP, Air Test, ATSC 3.0 Off And Running | TVNewsCheck.com

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:25:56 -0500

One way to reduce PAPR is to use 128QAM and 512QAM with cruciform symbol
constellations rather than 64QAM and 256QAM with square symbol
constellations.  The 128QAM and 512QAM can be used with single-time
retransmission to get back AWGN performance.  Single-time retransmission
(used by DVB-T2 in their rotated constellation option) overcomes burst noise
and long drop-outs in received signal strength.  If circular FFT is rotated
one half revolution as between two transmissions, deep selective fading is
overcome, too.

Allen