[opendtv] Re: Viewers Are Flocking to Streaming Video Content - And So Are Advertisers

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 01:23:34 +0000

TLM posted:

> http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/03/streaming-video-advertising/

Indeed.

For example, today I started out watching a few music videos from Congolese TV
(they seemed to use WMP), and then I watched a TV drama show from the German
ZDF network. That one used Flash, and it auto-detected the fact that I had "DSL
2 Mb/s oder hoeher."

German a bit rusty, but here was a commercial-free program that ZDF was making
available, which was not hard to follow. No reason why people shouldn't be able
to get this on their TV screens.

There are 70 "channels" of German TV available, at www.wwitv.com, more than 90
from US broadcasters, 24 from France, 44 from Greece, and on and on. A portal I
found some time ago, using Webcrawler.