[opendtv] The video here explains net neutrality perfectly

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 23:22:00 +0000

http://www.eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=216&doc_id=1322296&;

I agree entirely with what she describes.

However, what I'm not convinced about is her solution. Classifying broadband as
a telecommunications service will burden it with all manner of additional
requirements, so that close to half of the monthly bill will become taxes. Like
telephone.

One thing for sure, though. MVPDs offering ISP service, while technically a
slam dunk, can't help but have a conflict of interest.