[opendtv] Test in New York

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:08:09 -0400

As I said we will test at Mark's apartment on Monday. In the meantime
this is what I got today in my apartment on Roosevelt Island from the
two PCI cards.

Doing both because conditions are different today. Large thunderstorms
came across the city as I tested.

56   CBS          solid at 100 on both

53                    strange solid on A at 100 all the time with
different directions on dual bow tie antenna but not on B. When storm
was at worst I got                             100 on B with antenna
pointing at ESB but couldn't get it anywhere after storm with readings
in area of 25. 53 is on Conde Nast
building in Times SQ not on ESB

45   ABC          solid at 100 on both

44    WNYW    solid at 100 on both
         WWOR

40   WXTV      solid at 100 on both

38   WNYW    solid on A at 100 nothing on B
       WWOR

33   WPIX        solid at 100 on both

28   WNBC      solid at 100 on both
       WXPLUS

12   WPIX        solid at 100 on both

30                     Nothing on A and 99-100 on B but with NO video

I have high hopes for A at Mark's.

B was definitly not as good as A with 53. B also had some problem with
30/38. A didn't see Paxson's 30 at all while B did but there was no
video. A saw 38 from Secaucus NJ at 100 while B saw nothing.

Bob Miller