[opendtv] Re: Survey finds little interest in TV on cell phones

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:49:03 -0700

John Golitsis wrote:
> A recent survey of cell phone users in the United States indicates there is
> little current interest in watching television on their mobile phones.

Did we really need a think-tank and group survey to figure that little
gem of a fact out? Two-way personal communication device. Slow delivery
networks. Constrained low-resolution display. Everything a TV is not.
Sigh. Portable TV will come best to wearables and hmd displays directly
integrated in eyeglass lenses (and eventually direct cranial implant?).
TV on cell phones seems to be no more than the stone age iteration of
that eventual technology. Wearables are already here, the rest of the
technology just needs to catch up.

Cheers
Kon