[opendtv] Re: Speaking of MPEG-4 ...

  • From: Adam Goldberg <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

Aw, c'mon, at least read it before saying things like there aren't normative
608 requirements....
6.4.1 Transport of Caption, Active Format Description (AFD) and Bar
DataCaptions, AFD and bar data, when present, shall be carried according to
A/53, Part 4 [3], Section
6.2, as further constrained and described in 6.4.2 of this Part.
(etc).

The captioning is packaged slightly differently for AVC use (due to the
slightly different sort of picture-level user_data()), but retains all of the
'708 packet' and AFD syntax from previous.