[opendtv] Re: (S) DTV adaptors available for less than 50 euros

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:48:06 -0700

Olivier;

We are in agreement that increased compression could result in greater
impluse noise problems, and time-interleaving seems to be a good way to deal
with impulse noise.  That's why I'm surprised to hear it's a problem with
OFDM broadcasts; DVB proponents (cue Dermot) told us that this problem was
solved in 1999, and things were only getting better.