[opendtv] Re: Picture brightens for large-sized LCD panels, says iSuppli

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:30:13 -0700

I sure would like to know how the aspect ratio of pixels will change the
shape of the screen that I'm viewing on, without distorting anything.  (I'm
a purist "maintain aspect ratio", although it's funny to see Katie Couric
with puffy cheeks on mis-set widescreen sets. (I hope she doesn't slap me
for that comment.)

The only widescreen computer monitors I've seen in the wild are on laptops.
They may be listed in catalogs and shown in stores, but I have yet to see
one in Frys, Best Buy or Circuit City.

John Willkie