[opendtv] Philips adds Net TV to new televisions

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:26:15 -0500

In case CBS is licking its chops too soon, wrt the subscription kickback
they would get by moving all their content to MVPDs, here is a
counteracting trend that will probably be happening regardless.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/news.php?class=countries&subclass=0&id=3282

Philips adds Net TV to new televisions

Philips has announced that their Net TV feature will be available on all
Philips televisions in Europe in the 8000 series, 9000 series and Cinema
21:9 from Spring 2009 onwards.

Net TV enables viewers to use their remote controls to access web
content from the online start page on a Philips TV screen. Initially,
users will be access services from YouTube, Tom Tom, eBay, MetreoGroup,
Funspot, MyAlbum and Netlog.

Des Power, Senior Vice President Marketing Television, Philips Consumer
Lifestyle, said: "Here at Philips we pride ourselves on offering
simplicity to our customers. With Net TV, you can sit in your living
room and use the remote control to access and interact with the websites
you use most often. It makes sharing online videos or photos much more
fun than standing behind a small laptop screen-and real-time news,
travel information and weather can be checked and updated in seconds."

DTG Staff 23.02.2009