[opendtv] Re: PR: Enhanced AC-3 Audio Specifications Serve Multiple Applications

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:54:56 -0400

Terry,

"Nebulous"?

Am I wrong about the HP to LP data ratio with E-VSB?  Am I wrong about the
demos at the 2000 NAB?

For the modes used at the 2000 NAB demo, see:

<http://www.dvb.org/documents/white-papers/WP01%20(DVB-T%20Hierarchical).pdf

Modulation:  64 QAM/QPSK
Guard Interval 1/32
LP code rate 3/4
HP code rate 1/2
LP bit rate 13.6 Mbps
HP bit rate 4.5 Mbps
LP Gaussian noise performance 19.6 dB
SD Gaussian noise performance 10 dB (this number is on the document I point
to on the link above, but was not on the original March 2000 document which
I still have.)

However, it is a moot point, Terry, as E-VSB is as dead in the United States
as DVB-T is no matter how well it may perform.

Cheers,

John Shutt