[opendtv] Re: PR: 1080p DLP(TM) TV Technology in Volume Production and Shipment

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:52:57 +0200

Thanks for this release Craig.

I was discussing this with a friend late January, as digitimes reported on
this after talking to a TI manager working in Asia, which mentioned that
they had started mass production roll-outs op 1080p chips to the region's
manufacturers, wich had introduced the first models at CES. Wouldn't mind
having a pc friendly version of something like this sitting at my desk
http://www.hardware.info/images/news/Samsung_HLR5688W.jpg.

So, it probably won't be long befor they start to show up in the US. Only
bad thing about these machines is that you need to change the lamp
(hopefully just the lamp and not a complete lamphousing as that would become
quite expensive), rather often.

Unfortunately, I only copied and pasted the link in that email, as now the
story is archive (for paying subs only) stuff.

http://www.digitimes.com/displays/a20050127PR201.html

donald

1080p DLP(TM) TV Technology in Volume Production and Shipment;
Quantity 1080p Shipment Is Milestone for Large-Screen HDTV Industry

April 12, 2005 12:00am
Source: PR Newswire