[opendtv] Re: News: FCC Revises 700 MHz Band Plan and Service Rules

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:47:15 -0700

I know I'll be ostracized for this, but I am against the ability for
government entities to "take over" in the case of emergency.  The problem
isn't when there is a real emergency; the problem is taking power away from
people and putting dependence on a government system.  I'm sure you can see
where that can lead.  I've never been a fan of the EMS system, not for what
it does but for what it takes away; but at least if the situation really
required, it could be locally removed.  Overall, there definitely needs to
be continued space available for citizens that cannot be overtaken and can
be openly used.  Perhaps this still exists, but it seems to be eroding.

Dan Grimes