[opendtv] Re: New development in broadcast TV to handheld devices

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:05:09 -0400

Bob Miller wrote:

http://www.geekalerts.com/dvb-t-3-inch-touchscreen-cell-phone/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDU771k6Vhs
http://www.mobilewhack.com/lg-kb770-cell-phone-with-dvb-t-tuner/
http://www.gearfuse.com/worlds-first-cellphone-supporting-both-dvb-t-and-dvb-h/
> 212 items all marked DVB-T cell phones here
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/dvb-t/s13.html

Perhaps you should contact the GSM Association and IPWireless, then, since they
seem bullish on this new IMB standard. From the Rethink-wireless.com article I
posted this AM, regarding IMB:

http://www.rethink-wireless.com/?article_id=1883

"This comes with a big 'I told you so' from IPWireless, which has been pushing
the idea for a few years now that the 5MHz of unpaired TDD spectrum, issued in
many 3G auctions, could be used to offer a high quality broadcast TV service on
handsets, and free up huge amounts of 3G network capacity currently used by
unicast TV services.

"The GSMA announced its support and is backed up with additional support from
both IPWireless and Ericsson as well as operators Orange, Softbank and Telstra."

So, Bob, what gives?