[opendtv] Re: New Sony Notebook PCs Provide Powerful Entertainment Without Overpowering Your Space

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<"undisclosed-recipient:"@streamxpress.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:07:42 -0700

>Users can create and watch DVD movies with the built-in DVD+/-RW drive, as
well as live or recorded TV with the aid of Sony's own Giga Pocket(TM)
Personal Video Recorder and what is likely the most powerful TV tuner ever
offered with a notebook.  The Sony-engineered tuner is part of an AV
entertainment dock that comes standard with this model.

So I went over to Sony .jp, and it seems the GigaPocket records OTA/CATV
NTSC. It's got a hardware MPEG2 encoder and will do at a max 720x480@8Mbits.

Doesn't sound so advanced to me and definitely not the most power tv tuner
ever offered with a notebook. Whats that? Oh, the sound of hype.

Cheers
Kon