[opendtv] Bletchley Park

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:31:30 -0700

I thought folks might find this interesting - one of the Plan9OS folks was
out at Bletchley Park and took some photos.

For some background, Bletchley Park houses a vintage computer and
cryptographic museum and was used in WW2 to break German codes - you can
even find a German Enigma there. It's definitely worth visiting if you're in
the area.

A lot of what we have for content protection, CA, and service encryption has
its roots at places like this, so that's my tangent to connect it to this
group. ;-)

http://www.insultant.net/uk/BP2004/

Cheers
Kon

BTW why the photos of hut numbers? Hut 6 was the code breaker office - hut 3
interpreted the resulting plaintext.