[opendtv] Re: [Mp4-tech] Re: HDTV and SDTV Decoders for MPEG-2 andMPEG-4 AVC

  • From: Prashant Desai <prashant.desai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:30:11 +0530

Craig

 thanks for your detailed reply ........i got your point...... what i am not
able to understand wrt to the STB is
see in case of cable based iTV deployments  they require  multiple tuners
[ say 2 tuners ] so that the user can do both  ......i mean user can watch
TV and simultaneously  record the TV programe for PVR ......... correct ?

but since in case of IPTV  there isnt any concept of tuners since it's
purely on IP multicast so in such case what is required on the STB which is
IP equivelent of STB tuners .....so the user can do both the things at the
same time that is user can watch the TV and also record the programe at the
same time

regards,
Prashant Desai