[opendtv] Re: Mobile phone TV in Australia

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:14:39 -0500

Ciril Kosorok wrote:

> The next time you find yourself at a bus stop trying to
> think of someone to send an SMS to, imagine being able to
> whip out your mobile phone to watch high-resolution
> digital television.
>
> In some parts of the world, that's already a reality

Utter bullshit! I'm not aware of mobile phones
with high resolution (megapixel or greater) displays.

I'm not aware of mobile phones that receive either
ATSC or 7MHZ DVB-T HDTV.

I'm not aware of mobile phones that have magnifying
viewers in them so that you could see the information
on that megapixel display.

The mobile phones with pictures which I have seen have
had truly abysmal images.

Doug McDonald