[opendtv] Re: Mini-ITX and TV over IP Was: RE: Re: How important are new Codecs wrt OTA Broadcasting?

  • From: "Silvio Macedo" <s.macedo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:16:27 -0000

Kon, as usual, I find your emails very interesting and informative.
Thank you.

Not wanting to make this thread off-topic, going into Linux details,
or say more than I should, it would appear to me that you/your team
have/had more experience with the reality of time-to-market and
hardware deployment than time to develop/tune the OS. EVERY single
technical issue you raised is really a non-issue, given enough
know-how and time, which we have, contrary to good video hardware
drivers (on mini-itx boards) which we don't... but hey, you've done it
- I haven't, so...let's see.
Nevertheless, your warnings on the lack of scalability of a commercial
solution, are appreciated.

Regards
Silvio

CPU,