[opendtv] Re: Mark's Monday Memo - off-air reception

  • From: "Mark O'Brien" <mobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:15:05 -0400

>    - I saw no one attempting DTT reception anywhere on the show
> floor.  The DTV Drafthouse was moved to the South Hall upper lobby, and
> Zenith was right next to the floor-to-ceiling windows, but they didn't
> attempt reception there.
Mark,
FYI, I was datacasting over KLVX during the show and it was being received
off-air in the NDS, Optibase and Triveni Booths, as well as our suite in the
Hilton.  It was also shown live in two different meeting rooms during three
dfferent presentations at the show.

Zenith was using off-air reception during the PBS tech conference (at the MGM
Grand prior to the NAB) to demonstrate the differnece between each of the five
generations of their VSB receiver chip.  They were able to move the antenna
around until generations 1-4 quit, but 5 kept working.

Mark O'Brien
SpectraRep