[opendtv] July 13 & 14th

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 23:10:24 -0400

Hi all:

What an interesting week, or should I say two weeks this has been in
Florida. The Tech-Notes Taste of NAB 2005 Road Show has held
presentations in Orlando and Tampa the first week and this week in Miami
and West Palm Beach. Our Miami presentation was stream onto the
Internet. The streaming video program was a first for both us on the
Road Show and the folks in the School of Journalism and Mass
Communications at the Florida International University. A special thanks
to Rod Stumhofer, Director of Technical Operations at FIU/SJMC, his
associates and crew for making it all possible. To date, we've had over
six hundred thirty folks in attendance, not to mention how many may have
seen us on the Internet.

This coming week takes us back up north, but still in the heart of
Dixie. On Wednesday, July 13^th , we'll be the featured program for SBE
chapter 111 in Huntsville, AL. This is a noon meeting. PESA Switching
Systems will be providing lunch for all. For details on this event,
please visit: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/30-Huntsville.htm

The following day, Thursday, July 14th, we'll be the program for both
SBE chapters 103 and 135 in Nashville, TN. This will be an evening
meeting. The Nashville SMPTE Section has been invited to attend and
participate. No word on the vittles for this event as yet. For details,
please visit: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/31-Nashville.htm

You do NOT have to be a member of SBE to attend any of their functions.
Anyone with an honest interest in broadcast technology is *_most_*
welcome. There are no admission fees and you might even win one of the
door prizes.

To see when the past and future venues have been scheduled for this
year, please visit: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/2005-2.htm. Here's
hoping to see you at one of these places.

--

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC