[opendtv] Re: I've seen a demo from LetItWave

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:55:15 +0200

Hello,
Donald Koeleman:
> Did you get a chance to see the 'HD' broadcasts of the World Cup as
> distributed on Dutch cable?

Unfortunately no. Not because I like soccer (I don't), but because
we could not find a single place in town that had a decoder.  :-(
In this lab we have only the HD satellite receiver, not UPC cable.

> Sounds like the Let it Wave folks from France are doing something
simillar
> (as you say there is no framerate adapation going from 25 to 50 frames a
> second).

As the man said: "we look in the spatial-temporal environment for any
pixels that fit".
There is no explicit motion estimation, but if you're looking for
contours in 3D space then the use of motion must be implicit. Right ?

Greetings,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |